Find about the trip
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Coach/Jeep
Start of the Trip: Kathmandu
End of the Trip: Kathmandu
Duration: 14 Days
Difficulty: Medium – Hard
Seasons: May - June, September
Maximum Elevation: 4890m.
Mt. Kailash (6638m) located to the north of the Himalayan barrier in Western Tibet. The mountain is religiously sacred for Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Bons. So every year many visitors of different religions and from different countries visit the holy site. Mostly pilgrims of Nepal, India, Mongolia, Tibet, Japan, China, Southeast Asia and other countries, follow this yatra to pay homage to deities. According to the Hindu mythology, Mt. Kailash is believed to be the residing place for Lord Shiva (Mahadeva- the supreme god). And similarly according to the Buddhist mythology, it is believed to be home to Buddha Demchok. The spiritual experience of Kailash Mansarover Yatra is believed to go beyond the confinement of any religion or belief, and the region is open to people of all religion. When traveling by bus, the journey begins from Kodari and trails to the ends of remote Tibetan villages before reaching Kailash Mansarover. The trek is filled with hours of bus rides and adventurous treks. Special sessions of Pranayam (a type of yoga to help you acclimatize) will be arranged, and prayers or Bhajan – Kritan (prayer to gods) will be performed in the morning and evening. Along the trail, enjoy a spectacular view of some of the most majestic snow capped mountains such as Gaurishanker, Shishapangma, Lantang Himal and many other mountains ranges surrounding this region. Through the slopes of Mt. Kailash flows a stream to Manasarovar Lake (the highest body of fresh water) and from this lake the four of Asia’s greatest rivers the Indus, the Brahmaputra, the Karlani, and Sutlej flow.
Highlights: Visit to famous temples of Kathmandu (Pashupatinath and Budhanilkantha), Domestic flights, Trekking experience, Borders of Tibet, Gasurikund Darshan, Rituals like Hawan, Parikrama and Pooja routinely followed, Mansarovar Lake and many more
Photos of Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Coach/Jeep
Day 01: Kathmandu (1300 mts.), Arrival
Our representative will receive you at the airport and escort you to the Hotel. The rest of the day are left for own leisurely activities. Spend the overnight at Katmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu
After breakfast, we start off the day with Katmandu sightseeing, and will visit the famous Pashupatinath and Budhanilkanth temple. After getting back to the hotel, the rest of the day is left free for packing and program briefing.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Nyalam (3700 mts.)
Distance Covered: 160kms.
This is the first day of the Yatra. After breakfast depart from Katmandu to China border by reserved tourist coach. It takes about 05 hours. Our agents will complete custom formalities and check into Tibet - an autonomous part of China. After lunch, drive to a small Tibetan town called Nyalam by Land Cruiser. Overnight stay at Nyalam Guest House. Breakfast and dinner in camp side and packed lunch will be provided.
Day 04: Nyalam Full day acclimatization
Spend a day acclimatizing at Nyalam. Visit some of the local attractions along the trail such as - Labu Jikang Peak, Zhangmu Treaty Port and Peikucuo Lake. Labu Jikang Peak is a junction of Nyalam country and Tingri County. Altitude sickness can get severe as we continue to ascend. Pranayam, a special yoga to help you better acclimatize in the mountain; this physical training is conducted under the guidance of a yoga guru. Prayers or Bhajan- Kritan will be conducted in the morning and evening. Have a pleasant one-night stay at Nyalam, and visit Nyalam’s monasteries.
Day 05: Nyalam to Dongba/ Paryang (4500mts.)
Distance Covered: 375kms.
After breakfast drive from Nylam to Dongba for about 08:00 hours. Overnight stay at Dongba in tent or guesthouse.
Day 06: Dongba/Paryang (4500mts.) to Mansarovar
Distance Covered: 335kms
After breakfast drive from Dongba to Mansarovar 07:00 hours. Pooja and hawan will regularly be performed, This is the first day stay at the bank of the Manasarovar Lake, Overnight stay in tent or guesthouse.
Day 07: Mansarovar to Darchen (4600mts.)
Distance Covered: 110kms.
We will choose the special point to take dip in Manasarovar Lake and do Pooja for Lord Shiva. Full day free for spiritual activities. Drive around 2.30 hrs to Darchen and overnight stay there. Astapad excursion can be done at extra cost.
Day 08: Darchen to Diraphuk (4890mts.)
Distance Covered: 12kms.
This is the first day of Kailash Parikrama. We should start our journey after breakfast as early as possible. This day we have to walk continuously for about 6 to 7 hours. Yaks will carry all our goods and equipment. Overnight stay at Diraphuk in tent.
Day 09: Diraphuk to Zhulthulphuk (4790mts.)
Distance Covered: 22kms.
This day we pass Dolma-La Pass, which is 5400mts. Pooja and hawan will be routinely performed. The weather in unpredictable in Doma-la Pass and at any time snowstorm can fall. So we try to start our journey as early as possible. In route we can have Darshan of Gaurikund but it is very difficult to get too close. Overnight stay in route to Zhulthulphuk in tent.
Day 10: Zhulthulphuk to Mansarovar
We will trek down to Darchen, Drive to Mansarovar and fill up spiritual jaal. From here, we retrace our route back to Kathmandu.
Day 11: Mansarovar to Dongba/Saga
Drive back to Dongba/Saga.
Day 12: Dongba/Saga to Nyalam
Drive back to Nyalam, this is also the last day of stay in Tibet.
Day 13: Nyalam to Katmandu
After custom formalities we will arrive within Nepal’s territory shortly. From the border, drive all the way to Kathmandu which will take about 05.00 hours and later check into same hotel.
Day 14: Depart from Katmandu
Morning check out hotel, transfer to airport, catch flight for next Destination.
Options for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour.
- Arrival & departure transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Budhanilkantha.
- 3 nights hotel at Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with all meals
- Transfer to Kodari by tourist bus
- Tibet side: accommodation in decent hotel/tents
- While camping we provide two-man tents, mattresses, sleeping bag & camping equipments like dining & toilet tents
- Pure vegetarian meals prepare by our escort.
- A/C coach/ Japanese land cruisers (4WD) & support trucks
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepali tour leader
- Gamow bag, oxygen, basic first-aid kit.
- Kailash permit & normal Tibet/China visa fee.
- Kodari land tax.
- Airfares from Home - Kathmandu - Home
- All beverages, Photography charges and Telephone calls
- Travel Insurance of clients
- Emergency evacuation expenses.
- Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Parikrama (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation
- expenses of personal urgent visa fee etc & Services other than specified
- Horse for personal ride on kora days is approx INR 13000.00
- Extra ride for day trip to Astapad INR 1500.00 per person
- Extra day in Kathmandu INR 1800.00 for Indian and 45.00$ for others with 2 meals and accommodations.
- INR 2200.00 for Manakamana day trip including both way cable car tickets and transportation.
- Muktinath and Manakamana day trip INR 22500.00 per person including two nights in Pokhara, one night Jomsom round trip flight with meal, transport.
Select my Trip
Quick search to plan your holidays in Nepal!
Translate this page
Select a country to change the language.
- Nepal Granduer View Package
- Lumbini Tour (Birth palce of Buddha) View Package
- 04 Days Muktinath Darshan Yatra by Flight View Package
- 07 Days Muktinath Darshan Yatra View Package